Made up of more than 300 national, state and local partners, the national, non-partisan Election Protection coalition works year-round to ensure all voters have an equal opportunity to vote and have that vote count. Election Protection provides Americans from coast to coast with comprehensive information and assistance at all stages of voting – from registration, to absentee and early voting, to casting a vote at the polls, to overcoming obstacles to their participation.
If you experience a problem at the polls or have any questions about voting, contact Election Protection. We can be reached in a number of ways, including:
- Calling our suite of voter helplines:
- (866) OUR-VOTE
- (888) VE-Y-VOTA (Spanish/English)
- (844) YALLA-US (Arabic/English)
- (888) API-VOTE (English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Urdu, Hindi and Bengali)
- Texting MYVOTE to (866) 687-8683 to get voting help from a trained volunteer
- Starting a conversation with us on Twitter or Facebook Messenger at @866ourvote, and on WhatsApp (http://wa.me/18666878683)
- Chatting with us live on the election protection website.
Throughout the election cycle, our volunteers provide voter information, document problems they encounter when voting, host voter protection field programs and work with partners and volunteers on the ground to identify and remove barriers to voting. All of our work is focused on protecting and defending the right to vote – we will provide guidance and information to help any American.
Check Out Our New Public Hotline Map
The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, in partnership with VoteAmerica and U.S. Digital Response, has published an Election Protection Hotline map, where the public will be able to track calls received by the hotline. The map includes several issue categories to see what the calls are about, and the specific counties they come from.
Help Spread the Word About Election Protection to Voters
We need your help to spread the word about the 866-OUR-VOTE hotline and other Election Protection resources. Check out the Election Protection social media toolkit to find graphics, sample posts, coalition messaging and more!